Monday, March 30, 2009

The Shack

Ok, so I caught up with the rest of the Christian world and finally caved to read this book. This book is brilliant. And I am going to be like every other christian with a blog and write about it!

The depiction of relationship in this book is phenominal. I guess if you want a good idea of the intimacy that God desires from you then this would be a great glimpse. I would discourage your judgement, however, because we christians often times view books and want to make sure they are completely accurate doctrinally before we like something. I don't know if this is or not. I do know that this is all about relationship and nothing about religion.

I like books that blow away your ideas and so often we come to the table with all these preconceived notions of who God is, what his role is in our pain, why he does things or allows things to be done. This book is good for those things.

I came away feeling like a little girl holding my daddy's hand in a scary world full of adventures waiting to be uncovered. I'd love to hear what you thought if you read it.

1 comment:

Jenibug7 said...

I read this in the fall and it was one of my all-time favs. I love his ideas and the way he states them.