Friday, April 18, 2008

A Mommy's Heart

I thought that when Abe was born, my heart grew a little to make room for him. One of my anxieties when I was pregnant with Jonah was how on earth I could love that kid as much as Abe. Well, it happened, and it was overwhelming. We have a lot of fun things going on this weekend, and quite frankly, they are things make my heart soar.

First of All, Jonah will be 2. Yes, 2. I can hardly belive it. We are having a birthday party for him this weekend. His personality is fun. He is stout, loves his brother (although Abe is not so nice all the time) and is loud. After Abe's practice yesterday, he ran up and was hugging him, like he had not seen him for a while. He is our comedian and loves to make all of us laugh. More than anything, I love watching him do new things. There is not much he would not try, because he is sooo fearless.


Now, for Abe. He made me a soccer mom this week by starting this sport. I, for one, am excited to meet new people and see him meet new people. His first game is on Saturday- weather permitting. He is in the Pike Youth Soccer league. Which, by the way, makes him like the 3rd generation in our family to play for pike... I played in the 80s, and his Uncle Daniel and Aunt Whitney played in the 90s. There are people on his team that are from Mexico and Africa (I think). He would not get this experience in Central IL- that is for sure! I am glad he will be able to get to know new people.


One another note, one of my dear mommy friends this week lost her 6 year old daughter. I am sad for the family, but she is celebrating with Jesus today. As a mom, I simply cannot imagine. My heart is with them in IL, as they grieve. This little angel gave many lessons to the people that knew her on earth, and I cannot wait to see her in heaven.

I am going to try and put pics up.... or at least get them on my picassa album- good grief it has been awhile since we have done that

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stacey! This is Brian Hendrickson, a name you probably haven't thought of in a while. I've been trying to track you guys down for ages and just stumbled across your blog. I'm going to be in Indy for a rare visit this week (arriving April 30) and wanted to see if you guys wanted to get together. You can reach me at bdhendrickson@hotmail.com or on my cell at (360) 921-4916. Hope you're doing well. -- Brian