Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Post 1... Abe


What can I say?! Look at his smile. He is growing up so much and we have been excited to watch him! He enjoys legos, playing the wii, playing outside, karate, hanging with his buddies and spending time with his cousins.
This year he went into the 4s+ instead of kindergarten. It has proved to be a wise decision as we have had some difficulty with a few things. He loves his teachers! Abe is excited to be at the "big" school with his cousin and his dad. He has lost 2 teeth since January and it was quite traumatic! The first one, I (stacey) pulled it out and he freaked a bit. He pulled the second one out by himself and loves to look for his "grown-up" teeth.
Star Wars the Clone Wars is his favorite show. He and Hans watch it every Friday night. He is taking after his Dad in that aspect (becoming a Star Wars Freak!) He and Jonah pretend all the time about fighting bad guys and running away from them or getting thier light sabers out in time for battle. Abe deffinitely is the ring leader in the house as he can convince his brother to do anything.
This spring he is looking forward to having a garden and helping me plant the veggies. He will also help Mimi and Papaw plant thier garden and is really excited about that. First they will plant potatoes and that should be this week sometime!
This year, after he started school, he informed Hans and I that he is going to marry Alli in his class. It was a pretty confident statement! I said, well, we will see. We will pray for your wife that God will bring you. He said it will be her because he loves her, he knows already. I said ok, well, maybe we can meet her mommy and daddy. He told me he wants to be like Hans and I and have kids, too. Well, we stopped the conversation there! When I met her mom, she said the feelings were mutual! WOW!
Some other favorite Abe-isms:
1. "Jonah, if you don't trust God, you will die..."
2. "Addy is the cutest baby"; "I could watch her, you know" (his littlest cousin)
3. "Mom is the best cook, I am the best Dancer, Dad is the best lego builder"
4. "There are no pockets left for broccoli, only pockets left for cookies" (at the dinner table, pockets are where the food goes, you know)
5. "I am going to be a Rockstar"

1 comment:

Jenibug7 said...

I am so glad you blogged all of that- you will be so happy to have it all recorded someday! Elias and Abe are totally on the same page with the Legos and Clone Wars thing!!! 3 words: Lego Star Wars (for the Wii)