Friday, March 27, 2009

Post 3... Hans & Stacey


Ok, so I lied about about posting everyday! I will do two posts today and this one is going to be an update about Hans and I. A note about the pictures- the one of Hans is one of my favorites of him coaching abe, the one of me is not one of my favorites, but it is the most recent one I could find with just me! It was taken at my Dad's Christmas gathering and I, being betty crocker, made 2 snowmen cheeseballs!

First Hans- He is LOVING his role at Traders Point Christian Academy. I thought that he would not be as busy as he was as a youth minister, but boy was I wrong! He is way busier. He teaches 6-9 grade bible, coordinates & plans 3 chaples a week- Elementary, Middle School & High School. He coaches soccer in the fall and baseball in the spring. He just got back from the 8th grade field trip to Washington DC, Philly, & NYC- where he got to do all sorts of fun stuff.

Before Christmas, we sold the Xbox 360 to get a Wii. So for his birthday this year, he got guitar hero. Abe likes to watch him

play.

Hans has the privilege of marrying 2 family members this spring! In April he is officiating the ceremony for his cousin Megan, and in May is doing the wedding for my (baby) brother Daniel! We are so excited for both of them and were honored that they asked him.

Now me- Stacey. What to say?! Well, I have been working now for over 13 months. I am in the same role, ready to grow professionally here at TriMedx. The company really is a great place to be. I have made some great friends here and really enjoy meeting new people. I was in this "christian" bubble for so long that it has been refreshing to step out and meet different types of people in varying levels of faith/ or lack of, and life stages.

I miss being at home with the boys, and unfortunately motherhood has the ugly companion called guilt attached to it, but as much grace is required being a working mamma as a stay at home mamma-- and it has proven to be sufficient when I allow it! The boys seem to be doing good with it and we have our moments of playing when I get home- which usually consists of first trying to locate them because they always "get lost" when they hear me pull in, and then me getting mauled! One of my favorite parts of the day is seeing thier excitement of us getting home!

I joined weight watchers last year and have lost close to 25 pounds (not as fast as I would like to go!) It has been great to do something for me because so often, moms seem to sacrifice everything for others. I also took up jogging- who would have imagined! I signed up to run my first 5K in april. I am nervous but up for the challenge-- and not really expecting to finish it fast or anything- just finish!

Being at home here in Indy has been healing for our family. We regularly get together with family. We are able to see our nieces grow up! At Christmas time, my siblings decided to not get gifts but try to spend more time together and we have gotten together twice (which is hard because with spouses and "others" it is 10 people!) All in all we have been good.


1 comment:

Jenibug7 said...

Wow! That all sounds wonderful! Congrats of the weight loss- I am trying to get healthier myself and it is TOUGH!! You are doing an awesome job!