Friday, February 08, 2008

The Last day of Being a Stay at Home Mom...

That's right, today is it. I accepted a position at Trimedx Healthcare Services and I start on Monday. I will talk more about the company later. I am not grieving yet, but I know that I should take extra time today to hug my boys. I am approaching this like eating a hippo- one bite at a time. A lot of change has come to our family and I am surrendering my controlling nature to God who can handle all the details my heart needs to know about.

I have never been a working mother. This is new territory for us. One that I am ready to explore. The tools I am taking on this exploration are simple but hard to use. They include- humility, trust, time management, and organization. All of which seem to be a struggle for me now. I have never followed a tight schedule with the boys, but we are going to be following one from here on out. I think the logistics are worked out for now.

Now about Trimedx. First of all last week I had like 3 awesome opportunities before I got the offer at Trimedx. Actually it was last on mu list, but true to form, every other door slammed shut on Friday... I was in a heap of fear thinking that I would have to start all over with the searching process. I was also in a state of anger for most of the day and trying to figure out what was God up to because he knows I need a job. Late Friday afternoon, I got a call and they offered it to me.

What makes Trimedx stand out is that it is a faith based company with lots of opportunity for me to grow. They started a foundation that takes old but working equipment out of hospitals and send teams of technichions and people from the company on mission trips around the world to help hospitals in needy countries. I will be working for the "for-profit" company, helping customers get the problems they have solved, but I will have opportunities to travel and help with the missions aspect of the company.

True to form, God takes something I am not so sure about and leads the way for me to follow him. I wish I would not be so stubborn in following him. It would make my life easier if I just surrendered everything on a daily basis... my how far I have to go before I understand! I am like a child where I have to learn the same lesson over and over again. Is everyone like this???

More news to come, pray for our family as we adjust to this time. A lot is on my "to-do" list for the weekend to get ready for this life-style change.

No comments: