Wednesday, March 19, 2008

This season of life, rejoicing, growing, and suffering....

Okay, so I know that I have not blogged in like forever, but it is hectic being a working momma. Kudos to all my friends who never left the workforce after thier kiddies were born. I do enjoy my job, but like most women, I enjoy the relationships I am forming with my co-workers. I am going to do a run down of my day...
- wake up around 4:45 am to get myself ready
- try to get downstairs for breakfast, coffee (yes I have taken to coffee, due to the huge amounts of caffiene my body needs at 5 am), lunches that need to be made and feed buddy
- wake boys up at 6 am, and get them fed and dressed (although Jonah is an early riser and he is usually up first)
- out door by 6:30 am to work at 7:00
- work from 7:00- 3:30 home by 4:00- usually
- get home and hope I remembered to get something out for dinner! Pick up, start laundry, put dishes away if I did not have time in the morning and have dinner cooking
- after dinner we do baths and usually we play with the boys- they are in bed by 8
- get everyone's clothes out for next day, and clean kitchen, pick up house
- I usually get to bed between 9-10

It is not so bad once you get used to it. God is good to us, he is so patient and gives us everything we need for each day. After being home for almost 5 years, I have an overwhelming peace about working. I enjoy my job! I seem to appreciate the boys more. It does somewhat feel like a break, although, I am still pretty tired.

We are still in waiting about Hans' future. I never really understood what patience is. I still think that I don't get it. Patience is never easy for me. I know that God is cultivating that fruit in me because I am anxious all the time. Right now we are enjoying where we are at. Hans loves teaching bible as an intern at Traders Point Christian Academy. I think the healing process is ongoing, because we both are a little "gun shy" when it comes to looking for work in a Church. I flat out don't want him to, but I am realizing that this life we are called to is not about our gifts, our interests, but more about surrender. Surrendering to what and where God wants us. His wisdom is beyond our comprehension. I feel my soul getting older through this process. I see my faith changing. I am realizing that I really don't "Trust in the Lord with ALL my heart"- maybe just part of it on most days.

At our church, we have been going through the book of Collosians. A lot of what we have talked about and heard is about community. Last Sunday I sat through the sermon and realized that rejoicing in our suffering is made possible through sharing in our sufferings with our community. Well, with that being said, our house church has been sharing in our sufferings and we are ever greatful for that. At first, I was reluctant to share with them, and I felt like they would not really want to know anyway, because afterall, who wants to invest in people if they may be leaving soon. But they have been awesome for us and now I am scared about the "what ifs..."- like what if we leave, or what if one of them leaves, etc.

Anyway, I am enjoying this season for the time being. It is excruciatingly difficult, but I enjoy the "newness" of it.

Some awesome news is that we have a new niece!!! My brother and sister in law had a new baby girl this weekend!! Her name is Adyson Joy... she was tiny- 7lbs even and 19 inches long!!! Hopefully I will be able to post some pictures soon. Very sweet!

1 comment:

The Mollet Family said...

Glad you're enjoying the "change of pace" in the workforce outside of the home. Take care.